: Where can i donate cat food
|Where can i donate cat food|
|Where can i donate cat food|
|Where can i donate cat food|
|Where can i donate cat food|
Where can i donate cat food -
How can you get free pet food?
Pet Pantry Events
In order to help as many pets as possible, the Houston Humane Society partners with local organizations and officials to bring pet food to the community in Houston at various locations. Please click here to see upcoming dates and locations of our Pet Pantry events.
Once you arrive at a Pet Pantry event, please remain in your car and get in line. A staff/volunteer will provide a Registration Form for you to complete. The form will be picked up as you proceed in line and the pet food is given to you. The pet food will be placed into the trunk of your car.
Our pet food will be provided on a first come first serve basis, and distributed until supply is depleted. Note: some pet pantry events are busier than others, thus we may run out of food before the stated end time.
To print the obligatory Pet Pantry form and fill it out in advance, please click here to download.
Pet Pantry Monthly Assistance Program
The COVID-19 pandemic has deeply affected the pet owner community in Houston. To further assist people in need, the Houston Humane Society’s Pet Pantry has created a Monthly Assistance Program for those that require a more long-term solution in feeding their animals. Our goal is to increase the ability of pet owners to keep pets at home and off the streets by providing free pet food. With this temporary assistance, your pet is permanent.
Proof of income verification is required. Accepted applicants can receive free food once a month for up to 6 months. To qualify, all dogs & cats must be spayed/neutered. To apply, please fill out an application below.
The Pet Pantry Monthly Assistance Program is for temporary assistance (6 months), and is intended to supplement the pet food you serve to your pets. This program does not provide an entire month's worth of food. Participation in this program releases the Houston Humane Society (HHS) from all liability. HHS is not responsible for providing an entire month’s worth of pet food. HHS reserves the right to refuse assistance to anyone.
Pet Pantry Monthly Assistance Program Application
Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank
Helping PetS STAY HOME
If you are experiencing temporary financial stress and are unable to pay for your pet’s food, you may be able to receive help from our Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank.
- To apply for Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank assistance, please CLICK HERE to fill out the application
- Current Food Bank clients are asked to make an appointment by calling 410-833-8848 ext. 2.
- Eligible pet owners may come once a month.
- Staff will portion out a month’s supply of food for a maximum of 5 cats and 3 dogs per household.
- Food is available for indoor house pets only.
- Services are dependent on our supply.
Part of Baltimore Humane Society’s mission is to end homelessness for pets in our community. We work to help families who are experiencing temporary financial stress provide for their pets while they work to improve their circumstances. We hope that by helping families through these difficult situations, their pets are able to stay in their home, and we can prevent the heartbreaking choice of surrendering them to a shelter.
The Bmore Kind Pet Food Bank operation is sustained by donations of food and supplies from our community. We are unable to take requests for specific brands and cannot guarantee the quantity of food available at any given time.
FOOD BANK DONATIONS
- Donations to the food bank are accepted contact-free during business hours, and may be placed in the donation shed located on the right-hand side of our parking lot. Receipts are available on the shed door.
- All brands of wet and dry cat and dog food are accepted. We do not accept expired food.
- Those wanting to donate through online retailers are asked to use the links below. Baltimore Humane Society receives a donation for each order placed through these portals.
- For each new Chewy.com customer, Baltimore Humane Society receives a $15 donation.
- For each Amazon Smile order, Baltimore Humane Society receives .05% cash back.
- Access our Amazon wish list here.
- Open every day
9AM – 4PM
- Closed some holidays
1601 Nicodemus Road, Reisterstown, MD 21117
Need More Information?
Call 410-833-8848 or email [email protected]
Photo by Meredith Weiss
Donate Pet Supplies to Animal Shelters & Rescue Groups
If you have pet supplies you'd like to donate — such as pet food, treats, toys, collars, leashes, bowls, clean beds, clean towels and blankets, veterinary supplies, and other items — we suggest you contact a local animal shelter, rescue group, or Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) organization to find out if they can use the items.
Animal Care Centers of NYC (ACC) accepts donations of many items. ACC has five locations — one in each borough of New York City — where you can drop off donations seven days a week.
Many NYC-area animal shelters and rescue groups post individual pet supply and equipment wish lists on their websites, some linking directly to gift registry pages where you can order exactly what they need from an online retailer.
First State Animal Center & SPCA Pet Pantry Needs
In these tough economic times, people sometimes have to choose between feeding themselves and feeding their pet.
For most people, their pet is their family or their only friend.
Without the means to feed these pets, owners have to make tough decisions.
Giving up a family pet is a traumatic experience for both the human and the animal. Animal shelters nationwide are seeing an increase in owner surrendered animals.
To prevent pets from being surrendered to local shelters, turned loose, or otherwise given up because a pet owner is unable to afford food for their pet.
It is intended that our pet pantry be a temporary food source for your pet. The pets who are receiving food assistance should be companion animals. We will not supply pet food to breeders, kennels or rescue groups. We also do not supply food to people feeding stray cats.
Please contact 943-6032 to request the next date for our drive-thru pet food pantry.
While receiving food from the pet food bank, it is assumed you will not adopt or rescue any other animals
How to Help
Make a Food Donation
We accept any brand of unopened dry or canned pet food for the pet pantry. Drop off donation bins are located outside by the front door.
Make a Financial Donation
You can donate specifically to the pet pantry in person, with paypal or by mailing in a check.
Please make sure you designate your contribution to be used for the pet pantry.
Donate gift cards or pet food coupons.
We will take care of the shopping. :)
Hold a fundraiser or pet food drive
If your group or organization would like to get involved, please contact us.
Adult cat food
Adult dog food
Kitten Milk Replacer
Puppy Milk Replacer
You may request a receipt for your donation for tax purposes.
By providing things we use daily to care for animals, you can help us stretch our limited funds and save even more lives.
Donations can be dropped off at PAWS’ clinic locations at 2900 Grays Ferry Avenue or 1810 Grant Avenue seven days a week between 9am and 5pm (no need to call ahead). To inquire about donating items not on this list or to coordinate a large drop-off, please contact us.
Please ensure that your donations are clean and in good working order. Many of these items can also be purchased through our Amazon WishlistorChewy Wishlist to be sent directly to our shelters. Thank you for your support!
Our most needed items:
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- Canned dog, cat, and kitten food (pate-style preferred)
- Trash bags (heavy duty/contractor)
- Clay cat litter (non-clumping)
- Kong brand dog toys (new)
- Soft dog training treats (unopened)
- Cat toys (all kinds)
- KMR kitten formula and kitten bottles (Grays Ferry facility only)
- Towels (Grays Ferry facility only)
We can also accept:
- Cat carriers (Grays Ferry facility only)
- Veterinary / medical supplies and medications
- Dog harnesses, leashes, and collars (especially martingale style)
- Dishwasher detergent (HE preferred)
- Cat treats
- Pet beds (small/machine washable)
- Sheets and blankets (Grays Ferry facility only)
- Puppy training pads
- Dog crates and carriers (new or used, all sizes, Grays Ferry facility only)
Please donate the following elsewhere:
PAWS cannot accept these items, but our partner organizations may be able to put them to great use. Please contact ACCT or CNKP for their pet pantries:
- dry dog and cat food
- Prescription food (dry or canned)
- clumping cat litter
- chunk-style canned cat food
These cannot be accepted:
- open bags of food and treats
Your gifts will help PAWS save lives and we’re grateful for your support!